Ah yes – this old chestnut. Can bloggers really make money blogging?
It’s a subject I find myself talking about a lot, and it’s often the most popular question I get asked. Last year we did a theme week on ProBlogger.net on that exact topic, where every day we took a look into popular ways to monetize (links are below).
In today’s ProBlogger Podcast episode, we crack this chestnut wide open. It’s the first episode that isn’t in the 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge, although they’re all still there (and on iTunes) if you’d like return to them, or to begin the challenge for yourself.
We’re kicking off our twice-weekly downloads with the hottest topics, and making money is right on the top of that list.
In this episode I talk about the ways I make money from blogging, and give examples of others doing the same. I also bust a few myths around the subject – namely that it’s the majority making the big bucks online. I think it’s important to cut through the hype and give you realistic advice that will be useful to you. I also discuss what kinds of niches make money, how long it can take, and the four things profitable blogs are generally built upon.
So head on over to Problogger.com or iTunes to listen to today’s Episode 32: Can You Really Make Money Blogging?
I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
- Can You Really Make Money Blogging? 7 Things I know about Making Money Online
- Ways to Make Money on Your Blog: The Money Map
- Theme Week: Make Money on Your Blog by Partnering with Brands
- Partnering with Brands: Advertising 101
- Partnering with Brands: Ways to Collaborate and Earn an Income
- Partnering with Brands: The Ultimate Guide to Creating a Media Kit
- Partnering with Brands: Marketing Yourself
- Partnering with Brands: Putting it All Together and Getting Started
- The Full Blog Monetization Menu: 60+ Ways to Make Money with Your Blog
- Creating Product Week: How to Create and Sell Products on Your Blog
Originally at: Blog Tips at ProBlogger
The post ProBlogger Podcast: Can You Really Make Money Blogging? appeared first on @ProBlogger.