You’re probably already aware of the fact that I am a fan of Trader Joe’s but every so often, just when I think I can’t love them any more, they release a product that changes my snack-centric life. Such is the case with their new Everything but the Bagel seasoning, which I recommend you buy as quickly as possible.
It’s a concept so simple and delicious, I’m surprised it hasn’t been done before. In fact, I’m almost angry it hasn’t been done before. The savory blend contains all the things you’d find on an everything bagel-sesame seeds, salt, garlic, poppy seeds, and onion-ready to be sprinkled all over your life. There’s almost no limit to the foods made more delicious by the magical shaker-which you can purchase for around two bucks-but these are my favorites:
- Popcorn: Move over nutritional yeast, there’s a new flavor boost in town. (Just kidding, you should put BOTH of these savory friends on your favorite fluffy kernels.)
- Grilled vegetables: Maybe with a nice beurre blanc or cheese sauce?
- Macaroni and cheese: Mix in some cream cheese, obviously.
- Salad: I’d argue that you can win friends with this salad.
- A dumb plain bagel with cream cheese: Plain bagels are dumb. This makes them less dumb.
- Breading mixtures: Why fry in a plain batter when you could fry with a batter that is literally everything?
I’m sure you geniuses can come up with even more delicious uses for this stuff. Feel free to share them in the comments.